Birth Doula Services in Dublin
What makes my birth doula service different from other doulas?
1. Experience: I have 17 years experience of preparing parents for childbirth, and working as a doula in Ireland. I have worked with over 95 couples and have attended births at all of the Dublin maternity hospitals and also many home births
2. Evidence: I am a researcher by training (with a Masters and a PhD) and am an expert on maternity care policies in Ireland having worked on the formulation of national policies and strategies including in the Oireachtas, at HIQA and at the Department of Health and Children. I regularly lecture in TCD and UCD to Undergratuate Midwifery students and also to Masters Courses in Midwifery. I make regular presentations at national and international birth conferences on maternity care policy and research in Ireland. I Chair the National Service User Advocacy Forum that advise the HSE on what women girls and pregnant people need in our Maternity Services and I currently sit on the Board of the National Maternity Experience Survey. I was the service user representative on the National Steering Group of the National Maternity Strategy which was published in 2016
3. Antenatal preparation: I am a trained certified accredited antenatal teacher and doula with Birthing From Within and have been working with couples since 2003
4. Breastfeeding: I have been a breastfeeding counsellor for 15 years and have supported many thousands of families in their breastfeeding journey. I am a frequent public speaker on breastfeeding both in the media and at conferences. I sit on the breastfeeding committee in the National Maternity Hospital and I am also an adviser on to the National Breastfeeding Coordinator on what all mothers need postpartum; whether breastfeeding or not. I am a member of the Association of Lactation Consultants of Ireland.
5. Complimentary medicine: I am a licensed registered homeopath and offer immediate homeopathic care and all remedies during your labour and afterwards
6. Photography: I offer a birth photography service
7. Placenta Encapsulation: I am an accredited placenta encapsulator with the Irish Placenta Association since 2014 and offer a wide range of placenta remedies.
8. Advocacy/ I work with a variety of charities to advocate for improved maternity care in Ireland and I know how to make sure your voice is heard both before during and after you give birth. All my advocacy work is given on a voluntary basis. I volunteer with AIMS Ireland, La Leche League, The Home Birth Association The Baby Feeding Law Group, The Irish Doula Directory amongst others.
9. I am a doula trainer. I have been training doulas in Ireland since 2014 and so am aware of what doulas need to know, how they need to behave and what they need to do to ensure that their clients have thee best possible experience. In 2019 I hosted the Doula Training Course at the Elbowroom and in 2021 I will be hosting a comprehensive bespoke Doula Training at Insight Matters Capel St. Dublin. This will be the first Doula Training of its kind and will draw on my 17 years working as a doula and advocate in the Irish Maternity System and also on my attendance at 100 births in Dublin.
Different doula packages
Why do I have different packages? Well different people are looking for different things! A lot of my clients are actually second or third time parents who know what they are entering into within the Irish maternity services and they really value having someone with a lot of experience with them. They may have already taken a lot of antenatal classes and so do not need as much antenatal preparation as a first time parent would. By contrast, some mothers know that they want a lot of antenatal support and others know that they will need a lot of postnatal support after their baby is born. In order to try and meet all these different needs I have designed four packages; the basic doula package with two antenatal and one postnatal sessions, a standard doula package which focuses more on antenatal education and another which focuses more on postnatal care after the baby is born and finally a deluxe package which offers both extensive antenatal education and support and also extensive postnatal support. Hopefully you will find something to suit your needs.
I offer a range of birth doula services, designed to support parents in whichever way suits them best. My services include:
- Full birth doula service for first time parents €1,750 – €2,000
- Full birth doula service for mothers birthing again €1,500 – €2,000
- Full birth doula service for parents planning a VBAC €1,750 – €2,000
- Full Birth doula and Postnatal service for parents planning a Caesarean Birth €1,750
- Placenta encapsulation starting at €185
Emergency Birth Doula Care : Krysia Lynch
If you suddenly find yourself without a birth partner or needing a doula at short notice I offer an emergency doula service. Please note this is an emergency service for people in unforeseen and unexpected circumstances, it is not a pre bookable service. Please contact me on 0877543751 and I will try to assist you as best I can.
Transport costs per visit on all packages €15 – €25 per visit extra depending on where you live.
City Centre €15
North side D1, 3, South Side D2, 4, Ranelgh, Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Booterstown,
Outer Central €20
North Side D5, D7, 9, 11, 13, Cabra, Raheny, Clontarf South Side Blackrock, D8, 10, 12, 14, 16, Harold’s Cross, Milltown, Terenure, Templeogue, Stillorgan, Leopardstown Balinteer, Dundrum, Sandyford, Dun Laoghoire. Stepaside, Monkstown, Glenageary, Foxrock.
Greater Dublin Area €25
North Side D15, Malahide, Sutton, Howth South Side: D18, Rathfarnham, Shankhill, Bray, Killiney, Sallynoggin, Greystones West Side: D24, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Firhouse, Blanchardstown, Saggart, Dalky.
Sandymount: No travel costs if within walking distance