Bespoke small group antenatal childbirth preparation classes are designed for all prospective parents and offer a comprehensive antenatal preparation course based on the premise of Active Birth and Birthing from Within. Classes last a whole day and focus on the following:
- How to support early labour at home
- Proven Pain coping and breathing techniques for early labour
- How to recognize labour is becoming active
- How to create a toolbox of physical support items you might use during early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- How to advocate for your partner
- How to understand information on the benefits and risks of procedures and interventions
- How to avoid unnecessary routine interventions
- How to best manage an induction
- How to create an effective birth preference sheet
- Strategies to cope with the unexpected such as a c birth
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Effective massage techniques
- Effective visualisation techniques and hypnobirthing
- Effective breathing techniques
- Effective affirmation techniques
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey
- Ensuring you are prepared for a cesarean birth should one occur.
These classes take place at Insight Matters 106 Capel St D1. Classes are usually shared with no more than 3 – 4 other couples and cost €200 per couple for the whole day with tea and coffee included. To book please call 0877543751.
Next in person course planned for Saturday 5th December at Insight Matters. Meanwhile I am offering online small group classes and also private online one to one classes. I am also offering on line antenatal doula packages which combine continuing support and antenatal classes as well as online prenatal yoga which includes group doula support.