My on line Doula Birth Mentoring Services – Childbirth Preparation Package includes:
- A free consultation on the phone to decide whether I am a good match for you and your partner
- Four on line antenatal sessions to discuss your needs in labour and to help you draw up your birth preferences and to focus on birth preparation.
- Or, you can take two on line antenatal education sessions and four one hour on line support consultations.
- One free online postnatal session.
Topics covered include
- How to support early labour at home
- Proven Pain coping and breathing techniques for early labour
- How to recognize labour is becoming active
- How to create a toolbox of physical support items you might use during early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- How to advocate for your partner
- How to understand information on the benefits and risks of procedures and interventions
- How to avoid unnecessary routine interventions
- How to best manage an induction
- How to create an effective birth preference sheet
- Strategies to cope with the unexpected such as a c birth
- Effective massage and affirmation techniques
- Seeing birth as a rite of passage
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta,
- Creating and using your own visualisation tools
- Exploring attitudes to the intensity and sensations of labour
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Examining anxieties and fears,
- Finding our inherent coping skills,
- Preparing a birth tool box,
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting,
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey,
- Identifying what happens to your body and your baby as you move through labour and birth
- Ensuring you are prepared for a cesarean birth should one occur.
Antenatal sessions last approximately two hours. On line support session last an hour each
- One postnatal visit or phone consultation valued at €100 for free as part of the package
The charge for this service is €600, of which a non-refundable €200 deposit is due at booking. The remaining balance is due in two €200 instalments.