Topics covered during two antenatal sessions
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of labour and birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Learning aa variety of coping skills for the sensations of labour and finding your inherent coping skills,
- Identifying visualisation techniques and tools for staying focused during labour and creating and using your own visualisation tools
- Exploring physical supports to enable you to physically prepare and feel more comfortable in the labour and preparing a birth tool box
- Exploring affirmations and ways to support staying positive during birth
- Examining anxieties and fears surrounding this labour and birth
- Appreciating birth as a rite of passage,
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta,
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting,
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey,
- Explaining what happens to your body and your baby as you move through labour and birth.
- Ensuring you are prepared for a caesarean birth should one occur.
- Preparing you and your partner for breastfeeding and early parenting;
- Ensuring you understand early breastfeeding behaviour
Sessions are three hours each and happen in the comfort of your own home.
Transport costs €15 – €25 per visit extra depending on where you live.