Postpartum Doula Services – DUBLIN DOULA SERVICES – why me and what do I offer? I have supported hundreds of mothers in the postpartum period and am a regular contributor to conferences, talks and radio shows on supporting yourself and your baby following birth.
I am also a breastfeeding counsellor and have been for the last ten years. I represent breastfeeding women at local regional and national level ensuring that breastfeeding is protected and that women receive adequate support from their health care professionals and their wider communities during this time. In February 2017 I made the case for improved breastfeeding support at an oral submission to the Joint Health Committee at the Oireachtas.
My Postpartum doula package consists of
A VISIT EVERY DAY AT HOME FOR THE FIRST FIVE DAYS AFTER YOUR BABY IS BORN. VISITS LAST FOR TWO AND A HALF HOURS EACH AND INCLUDE:
- Full breastfeeding support in your own home
- Information and support for self care after your baby is born
- Light housework and shopping to enable you to fully enjoy your baby moon
- Homeopathic care for you and your new baby
- Full referral service to mother and baby supports and networks near you for the next stage of your parenting
- Information on safe sleep for your baby, carrying your baby and going out with your baby.
- Information on nutrition to nourish yourself after your birth and to keep yourself healthy and well after giving birth and in early parenting.
- Evidenced based information on early baby care and development.
The charge for this service is €400 It is payable in two installments. €200 is payable at 10 weeks before your due date and the remaining €200 payable at 6 weeks before your due date. If you book after 34 weeks, the balance is due at the time of booking. Visits may be on five consecutive days or five visits over a week (day 1,2,3, 5, 7)
This service is also available on a ONE VISIT BASIS
The charge for this service is €80 per two hour visit, plus transport costs.
Transport costs per visit €15 – €25 per visit extra depending on where you live.
City Centre €15
North side D1, 3, 5 /South side D2, 4, 6 Booterstown, Blackrock
Outer Central €20
North Side D7, 9, 11, 13, 15, Sutton South side D8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, Stillorgan, Leopardstown Balinteer, Dundrum, Sandyford, Dun Laoghoire. Stepaside, Monkstown, Glenageary, Dalky
Greater Dublin Area €25
North Side Malahide, Howth South side: Shankhill, Bray Greystones Tallaght Clondalkin, Firhouse
Sandymount: No travel costs if within walking distance