Bespoke small group antenatal childbirth preparation classes are designed for all prospective parents and offer a comprehensive antenatal preparation course based on the premise of Active Birth and Birthing from Within. Classes last a whole day and focus on the following:
- How to support early labour at home
- Proven Pain coping and breathing techniques for early labour
- How to recognize labour is becoming active
- How to create a toolbox of physical support items you might use during early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- How to advocate for your partner
- How to understand information on the benefits and risks of procedures and interventions
- How to avoid unnecessary routine interventions
- How to best manage an induction
- How to create an effective birth preference sheet
- Strategies to cope with the unexpected such as a c birth
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Effective massage techniques
- Effective visualisation techniques and hypnobirthing
- Effective breathing techniques
- Effective affirmation techniques
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey
- Ensuring you are prepared for a cesarean birth should one occur.
These classes take place at Insight Matters 106 Capel St D1. Classes are usually shared with no more than 3 – 4 other couples and cost €200 per couple for the whole day with tea and coffee included. Next in person course planned for September 2021 at Insight Matters.
For more information please fill out the contact form.
I am currently also offering online small group classes and also private online one to one classes and online antenatal doula packages which combine continuing support and antenatal classes as well as online prenatal yoga which includes group doula support. For more information fill out the contact form.