Private antenatal childbirth preparation classes:
Private antenatal childbirth preparation classes might be exactly what you are looking for in this pregnancy. Group couple antenatal classes are not for everyone. Some people prefer to have a private class in the comfort of their own home, or maybe you did plan to be art of a group class but thy are now booked out or not available in time for your due date. Well the good news is that you can always take a private class.
I have been offering private antenatal classes since 2003 and I tailor these to suit whatever your needs happen to be. I am a trained certified Antenatal Instructor and I cover the topics surrounding Active Birthing and in addition as I am an Antenatal Yoga Instructor, I will factor in breathing and movement where appropriate. Perhaps most importantly I am the only certified Birthing From Within Doula and Antenatal Instructor in Ireland, so I also offer guidance and mentoring on the inner journey parents face in labour and birth.
My one off private antenatal childbirth preparation class includes
- A private class in your own home at a time that is convenient to you and your partner Sessions are tailored to your own specific needs.
- Sessions will focus on some of the following depending on your personal preference
- How to support early labour at home
- Proven Pain coping and breathing techniques for early labour
- How to recognize labour is becoming active
- How to create a toolbox of physical support items you might use during early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- How to advocate for your partner
- How to understand information on the benefits and risks of procedures and interventions
- How to avoid unnecessary routine interventions
- How to best manage an induction
- How to create an effective birth preference sheet
- Strategies to cope with the unexpected such as a c birth
- Effective massage and affirmation techniques
- Seeing birth as a rite of passage
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta
- Creating and using your own visualisation tools
- Exploring attitudes to the intensity and sensations of labour
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Examining anxieties and fears
- Finding our inherent coping skills
- Preparing a birth tool box
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey
- Identifying what happens to your body and your baby as you move through labour and birth
- Ensuring you are prepared for a cesarean birth should one occur.
One off Antenatal sessions last a minimum of three hours.
The charge for this service is €450 payable in advance of the session plus transport costs. More more information email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
For all services in your home transport costs apply
Transport costs per visit €15 – €25 per visit extra depending on where you live.
City Centre €15
North side D1, 3, South Side D2, 4, Ringsend, Irishtown, Ranelgh, Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Booterstown,
Outer Central €20
North Side D5, D7, 9, 11, 13, Cabra, Raheny, Clontarf South Side Blackrock, D8, 10, 12, 14, 16, Harold’s Cross, Milltown, Terenure, Templeogue, Stillorgan, Leopardstown Balinteer, Dundrum, Sandyford, Dun Laoghoire. Stepaside, Monkstown, Glenageary, Foxrock.
Greater Dublin Area €25
North Side D15, Malahide, Sutton, Howth South Side: D18, Rathfarnham, Shankhill, Bray, Killiney, Sallynoggin, Greystones Dalky. West Side: D24, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Firhouse, Blanchardstown, Saggart
Sandymount: No Charge if within walking distance