As a response I am offering couples private one to one antenatal classes to prepare for the birth of their baby. These may be taken online, or in person in the clients home (or garden!), or at Insight Matters in Capel St
Classes include a full outline of what to expect in a covid19 prevention setting, antenatally, during the birth and postnatally.
I have attended seven births already as a doula supporting mothers and partners in all three Dublin maternity hospitals following the covid 19 outbreak, and I am in constant touch with the HSE as to the latest evidence based guidelines and protocols.
I have been offering private antenatal classes since 2003 and I tailor these to suit whatever your needs happen to be. I am a trained certified Antenatal Instructor and I cover the topics surrounding Active Birthing and in addition as I am an Antenatal Yoga Instructor, I will factor in breathing and movement where appropriate. Perhaps most importantly I am the only certified Birthing From Within Doula and Antenatal Instructor in Ireland, so I also offer guidance and mentoring on the inner journey parents face in labour and birth.
My one off private antenatal childbirth preparation class includes
- Full up to date information on how the covid19 pandemic might affect your care plan for the birth of your baby
- Coping strategies that enable you both to maximise your birth experience whilst staying safe and birthing within the HSE guidelines
- A private class that is convenient to you and your partner’s specific requirements.
Sessions will focus on some of the following depending on your personal preference
- How to support early labour at home
- Proven Pain coping and breathing techniques for early labour
- How to recognize labour is becoming active
- How to create a toolbox of physical support items you might use during early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- How to advocate for your partner
- How to understand information on the benefits and risks of procedures and interventions
- How to avoid unnecessary routine interventions
- How to best manage an induction
- How to create an effective birth preference sheet
- Strategies to cope with the unexpected such as a c birth
- Effective massage and affirmation techniques
- Seeing birth as a rite of passage
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta
- Creating and using your own visualisation tools
- Exploring attitudes to the intensity and sensations of labour
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Examining anxieties and fears
- Finding our inherent coping skills
- Preparing a birth tool box
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey
- Identifying what happens to your body and your baby as you move through labour and birth
- Ensuring you are prepared for a cesarean birth should one occur.
One off Antenatal sessions last approximately three hours.
The charge for this service is €200 payable in advance. To book please get in touch by emailing email@example.com
Want to stay in touch?
For all services in your home transport costs apply
Transport costs per visit €15 – €25 per visit extra depending on where you live.
City Centre €15
North side D1, 3, South Side D2, 4, Ringsend, Irishtown, Ranelgh, Ballsbridge, Donnybrook, Booterstown,
Outer Central €20
North Side D5, D7, 9, 11, 13, Cabra, Raheny, Clontarf South Side Blackrock, D8, 10, 12, 14, 16, Harold’s Cross, Milltown, Terenure, Templeogue, Stillorgan, Leopardstown Balinteer, Dundrum, Sandyford, Dun Laoghoire. Stepaside, Monkstown, Glenageary, Foxrock.
Greater Dublin Area €25
North Side D15, Malahide, Sutton, Howth South Side: D18, Rathfarnham, Shankhill, Bray, Killiney, Sallynoggin, Greystones Dalky. West Side: D24, Tallaght, Clondalkin, Firhouse, Blanchardstown, Saggart
Sandymount: No Charge if within walking distance