Bespoke Online Antenatal Childbirth Preparation Classes
Online Group Antenatal Childbirth Preparation Classes are designed for all prospective parents and offer a comprehensive antenatal preparation course based on the premise of Active Birth and Birthing from Within. Classes last half a day and focus on the following:
- Post covid19 birth restrictions
- Coping with coid19 restrictions
- How to support early labour at home
- Proven Pain coping and breathing techniques for early labour
- How to recognize labour is becoming active
- How to create a toolbox of physical support items you might use during early and active labour
- When to go to the hospital
- How to advocate for your partner
- How to understand information on the benefits and risks of procedures and interventions
- How to avoid unnecessary routine interventions
- How to best manage an induction
- How to create an effective birth preference sheet
- Strategies to cope with the unexpected such as a c birth
- Exploring strategies to cope with the intensity of birth. including physical, emotional and visualisation strategies.
- Effective massage techniques
- Effective visualisation techniques and hypnobirthing
- Effective breathing techniques
- Effective affirmation techniques
- Exploring the time line of birth and how we move through from early labour to birthing the placenta
- Looking at the evidence base surrounding birth interventions
- Understanding what pharmacological pain medications are available during labour in a hospital setting
- Exploring how to work with midwives and other staff you may meet on your journey
- Ensuring you are prepared for a cesarean birth should one occur.
These classes take place on zoom. Classes are usually shared with no more than 3 other couples and cost €150 per couple. Next Course September 2021. To find out more please fill in the contact form.
Want to stay in touch?