Mum and baby yoga classes are a great way to connect with your baby and also to meet other mothers in similar situations to you. They offer you time together with your baby enabling you to enjoy an activity together. The exercises we do are gentle and safe and they enable you to enjoy and get used to your postpartum body. We always do exercised to help with common postpartum symptoms such as sore shoulders, sore backs and tiredness. There is also an opportunity to have a laugh and share a joke with other mothers and enjoy the peer support. As part of your mum and baby postnatal yoga package, I run a small online group for mothers to chat to each other and support each other outside class time.
Why should you take online mum and baby yoga classes with me? What do I offer that is different to other teachers?
1. I have studied and practised yoga and many other holistic body work for nearly 30 years
2. I have been teaching body work to women for about 20 years so I am an experienced teacher and I am a professionally trained facilitator as well as a specifically trained pregnancy yoga and mum and baby yoga teacher (180 hours course)
3. I am probably Ireland’s most experienced doula and postpartum doula having worked with women in pregnancy labour and birth and the postpartum since 2003. I regularly personally attend people after they have a baby and so I know the inside outs of what new mothers face and what their needs and experiences are
4. I am a licenced registered homeopath (4 years training and 2 years CPD) specialising in pregnancy birth and the postnatal period and so I have an intimate understanding of anatomy and physiology and how your body changes after you have had a baby.
5. I am a maternity care advocate and I have represented the experiences that new mothers face in every aspect of postnatal care planning in Ireland. I sit on committees in all the three Dublin maternity hospitals and also at national level looking at how to improve the care people receive in the postpartum period. At the moment I sit on a committee looking at how PHN services can be improved in Ireland.
6. I have been a breastfeeding counsellor since 2006 and have supported many thousands of women in their breastfeeding journey.
7. The last 17 years of my life has been dedicated to ensuring that new mothers have the best possible experience possible.
8. We are going to have loads of fun!
Class schedule : Monday 1030 am – 1215 pm
Each class is limited in numbers and includes membership of a small online postnatal support group where I post up tips and useful information in-between classes.
Each class offers the opportunity to:
- Chat with other mothers and see how everyone is doing
- Concentrate on your breathing make a heartfelt connection with yourself as a new mother and your baby.
- Enjoy stretching and flexibility exercises focusing on the areas new mothers need to stretch most.
- Feel your strength return as we practice postures to strengthen and tone your tummy back and legs in a safe way designed to support the postnatal period.
- Practice yoga postures with your baby.
- Enjoy baby interaction exercises specifically designed to enable your baby to exercise their bodies in a safe and pleasant way.
- Slow down in a dreamy relaxation at the end of the class enabling all the hard work you did to be consolidated and for your muscles and mind to enjoy a sense of release
All classes are recorded and posted up in a members area here
You can then review the class at your leisure at home.
Classes are €90 for a six week course and you can start anytime. All online classes are small in number to ensure that everyone gets individual attention and enough time to discuss their needs at the start of each class. Email email@example.com for info and to book.
Want to to keep in touch?